Increase your Vehicle’s Life Expectancy:
Want to know how to increase the life expectancy of your vehicle? Knowing what NOT to do is just as important as knowing what to do! Think about it, we know drinking water is a “should do” while drinking soda is a “should not do”. If we apply this to concept to our vehicles we could help improve our vehicle’s life expectancy. A healthy car means a longer life just like a healthy human means a longer life!
Six Ways You Are Killing Your Car:
- Ignoring the Check Engine Light;
- Not changing fluids & filters;
- Neglecting your tires;
- Not following a service schedule;
- Keeping a dirty car; and
- Being a severe driver.
How to Overcome These Bad Habits:
- Ignoring the check engine light: Ignoring an illuminated check engine light can result in serious engine trouble and costly repairs. At the very least, this warning light could alert you to an engine problem that is negatively impacting fuel economy.
- Failing to change fluids and filters: Many fluids are required for the operation and protection of vehicle systems and components. Checking fluid levels regularly, along with the filters, helps ensure that your vehicle runs dependably.
- Neglecting your tires: Your vehicle’s tires should be checked frequently for inflation and tread depth. Under-inflated tires can wear out more quickly; needing to be replaced sooner. Under-inflated tires can also negatively impact safety, gas mileage, and performance.
- Not following a service schedule: Many car parts wear out or become damaged over time. Vehicles need to be routinely serviced in order to perform optimally. Routine inspections and timely repairs will help keep your car running efficiently and will help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
- Keeping a dirty car: Allowing for too much time to pass without a car wash can lead to buildup of damaging chemicals and dirt. This in turn increases the potential for rust from road salt, and interferes with visibility needed for safe driving.
- Being a severe driver: You can drive smart and improve fuel economy by observing the speed limit; avoiding aggressive driving; not hauling unnecessary items; and keeping your vehicle properly tuned.
Increase the life expectancy of your vehicle by avoiding 6 simple steps!