Big news! A pop-up drive-in theater is coming to Gillette Stadium! Showcase Cinemas de Lux, located inside of Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, will be offering movie showings through the month of June—and tickets are $20 per car!
How to Get Your Tickets
This pop-up drive-in will only be open for a limited time. Tickets are only available on the Showcase Cinemas app, and concessions will be available for pre-order/curbside pickup. The parking lots open at 7:30 PM and the movie starts at 8:30 PM. Get your tickets here.
For the first (already sold-out!) showing all ticket proceeds are being donated to the Foxboro Food Pantry
Social Distancing Rules
Showcase Cinemas has announced that they will have social distancing precautions in place. For the time being, viewers will be asked to remain in their cars through the show, and concessions will only be avaiable through their app. There will also be frequent cleanings of restrooms, community spaces, and more.
In case you missed it... Check out ourTop 5 Drive-Ins to Visit This Summer, with updated information for COVID-19 rules and regulations.
Before You Go:
Going to the drive-in is a fairly simple affair — just get in the car and go! — but there are a few things you should check before you go:
- Make sure that your battery is working properly, as your car radio will be on for several hours if the sound is broadcast over the radio.
- Most drive-ins require that your lights be totally off. If you have a car with automatic lights, check your owner’s manual to see how they can be disabled. In many cars, setting the emergency brake will do the trick but this isn’t always the case.
- Consider your car size. If you have a larger vehicle, look for places that can accommodate them. Many drive-ins are designed so you can watch the movie from inside the car, and larger cars are parked in the back to allow for better viewing. Some even have spaces where you sit in the back with the hatch raised.
- Take care of any exhaust problems. You’re going to be in a tight lot, and your vehicle will be running with a lot of other cars, so exhaust issues could create an unpleasant experience for yourself and others.
- Be sure to bring along a mask.
- Most drive-ins require that tickets be purchased online, in advance so plan ahead. Make note of drive-ins that don’t offer tickets and only accept cash payment.
At V&F Auto
At V&F Auto, we offer all the regular maintenance and repairs you need to get your vehicle drive-in ready. Our certified mechanics use the latest diagnostic equipment, and high-quality CARQUEST auto parts, to make sure we get the job done right. And all of our repair services are backed by an industry-leading 3-year / 36,000-mile warranty on parts and labor. Call us at (413)314-2280 or schedule an appointment online.
Want to get insider information about upcoming deals and discounts? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!