Your automobile is a big investment. Whether you own your car outright, or you’re still paying monthly to payoff or lease your vehicle, no car comes without maintenance expenses. Not to mention the gas prices that are still much higher than we would like them to be!
At V&F Auto, we understand your pain. We want to help you keep your car running its best, while also saving you some money along the way. While it may seem counter intuitive, keeping up with your vehicle’s maintenance service schedule actually does wonders for saving you money. It’s a lot cheaper to maintain your car with minor services than it is to get a major engine repair or transmission replacement!
To help you keep your car, truck, SUV, minivan or hybrid vehicle driving smoothly – and keep some extra cash in your wallet – check out these five money-saving car maintenance tips from our expert mechanics.
5 Car Maintenance Tips to Save You Money
1. Get your oil changed. No single thing is more important in extending the life of your engine! Without regular oil changes, your engine will become clogged with dirt, gunk and sludge and will no longer be able to function, leaving you stranded with an expensive auto repair bill.
2. Wash your car. This means washing the outside and underside of the vehicle regularly. Excess dirt and mud that may be stuck under your car can slow it down and reduce gas mileage. If it’s winter time and there’s salt on the road, if this isn’t washed off regularly it can ruin your vehicle’s paint job.
3. Get a transmission flush. Change your transmission and differential oils according to the service interval suggestions for your vehicle. This information can typically be found in your owner’s manual. Similar to keeping up with your oil changes, if you fail to get a transmission flush in a timely fashion, your transmission will become clogged and fail.
4. Keep your tires properly inflated. Underinflated tires will decrease your gas mileage, and put you at risk for tire blowouts, which can result in costly repairs. Changing seasons, temperatures and weather will alter your tire pressure, so it’s important to check your tires regularly.
5. Keep your vehicle lubricated. Anything with moving parts needs to have sufficient grease to survive. Simply ask your mechanic to check your vehicle’s fluids to make sure they are clean and adequate.
When you’re due for any of the above maintenance services, the friendly team at V&F Auto will be happy to answer all of your questions and complete any auto services you may need. We’ve been dedicated to providing reliable automotive repair services to keep Agawam, Southwick, Feeding Hills and West Springfield, MA drivers safe on the road! Simply stop by, give us a call or easily schedule your appointment online today, and we’ll make sure your vehicle stays in top shape.