Recommended maintenance may not seem like a big deal, especially if your car seems to be running fine. But it’s not something vehicle owners should ignore.
Over time and distance, parts will naturally wear and break, as most aren’t meant to last for the duration of the car’s lifetime. Knowing the typical lifespan of each part they use, manufacturers can estimate these breaking points and recommend distance based check-ups to help ensure vehicle performance and reliability. The typical 30/60/90K service checks are designed to address maintenance and inspection items applicable to the respective mileage interval. The 30,000 mile mark, for example, may only require a simple check up, but most modern vehicles will have received several major service requirements by 90,000 miles.
Generally, these items may include filter changes, fluid changes, and a comprehensive visual maintenance inspection as well as other items, depending on the specific mileage interval. Most any 30/60/90K service check up will include the following items:
- Oil change
- Four wheel tire rotation and computer spin balance
- Tire pressure check and adjustment
- Inspection and replacement of filters (air, cabin, fuel, etc)
- Perform general visual maintenance inspection or vehicle’s parts and systems (tires, wheels, brakes, lights, belts, hoses, drive-train and fuel system, etc)
- At higher mileage- spark plugs, belts, timing belt, as needed
- Replacement of certain fluids (example cooling system cooling)
- Vehicle road test
Keeping up with factory recommended maintenance helps extend the life of your vehicle and prevents high cost repairs in the future. V&F offers regular Factory Scheduled Maintenance, including 30/60/90/120K Mile Services where applicable, to ensure optimal vehicle health. If your car is in need of scheduled maintenance, give us a call or make an appointment online.