Important Manufacturer Milestones: 30/60/90/120K Mile Services
Manufacturer recommended maintenance may not seem like a big deal, especially if your car seems to be running fine. But it’s not something vehicle owners should ignore.
Over time, parts within your vehicle will naturally wear and break; knowing the typical lifespan of each part, manufacturers estimate these breaking points and recommend maintenance intervals to help ensure vehicle performance and reliability.
The typical 30/60/90K service checks are designed to address key pain points and preserve the lifespan of your vehicle. The 30,000-mile mark, for example, may only require a simple check-up, but most modern vehicles will have received several major service requirements by 90,000 miles.
Generally, these items may include filter changes, fluid changes, and a comprehensive visual maintenance inspection as well as other items, depending on the specific mileage interval. Most any 30/60/90K service check-up will include the following items:
- Oil change
- Four wheel tire rotation and computer spin balance
- Tire pressure check and adjustment
- Inspection and replacement of filters (air, cabin, fuel, etc)
- Perform general visual maintenance inspection or vehicle’s parts and systems (tires, wheels, brakes, lights, belts, hoses, drive-train and fuel system, etc)
- At higher mileage- spark plugs, belts, timing belt, as needed
- Replacement of certain fluids (example cooling system cooling)
- Vehicle road test
Manufacturer Recommended Maintenance At V&F
Keeping up with manufacturer recommended maintenance helps extend the life of your vehicle and prevents high-cost repairs in the future. V&F offers regular Factory Scheduled Maintenance, including 30/60/90/120K Mile Services where applicable, to ensure optimal vehicle health. If your car is in need of scheduled maintenance, give us a call or make an appointment online.
This article was originally published in 2017 and has been updated.