Protect Your Vehicle Resale Value
Keeping your vehicle clean is an easy and inexpensive way to protect its trade-in and resale value. Whether you do it yourself or have someone do it for you, keeping your vehicle clean on the outside and tidy on the inside can go a long way!
Tips on how to keep your car clean:
- Declutter – Remove excess clutter from inside your car. Clutter is distracting and can be hazardous. Don’t forget to empty out things that have accumulated in the trunk as they can add extra weight and reduce fuel efficiency.
- Clean the Interior – Wash the windows, and clean and install floor mats. Be sure to vacuum on a regular basis. A clean interior allows you to see any issues in the vehicle so you can get them repaired before they get worse.Wash the Exterior – Wash your vehicle from top to bottom. Always clean the tires and wheels before washing th
- e body, and don’t use the same washing mitt or cloth for both. Be sure to use products that are made specifically for automobiles.
- Wax Twice a Year – Waxing protects a vehicle’s finish and makes subsequent washing easier. Before waxing, make sure there are no foreign particles on the paint. It is important to note that waxing should be done in the shade, not direct sunlight.
- Fix Chips – If you find minor paint damage, cover the paint chips as quickly as possible to prevent further damage.
Following these steps ensures you have a
clean vehicle which is turn will protect your money by getting you a higher resale value. Why does a clean car increase resale value? Because it allows you to see any issues before they become major; keeps unwanted particles (sand, dirt and salt) off your vehicle to help avoid rust; and for visual reasons (a cleaner car looks like it is worth more).
Did You Know?
- Whenever we service your vehicle we give it a bath!
- We also have a detailer on staff if you are ever interested in a full interior and exterior clean.
- We sell car washing supplies and the Car Products brand at our Auto Parts Store.